Hybrid Propulsion Solutions (Brunvoll Volda)
– Hybrid Propulsion is simply the use of two (or more) different power sources to run the propellers (diesel engines and electric motors)
– From Diesel Mechanic to Diesel Electric (Approx 50% fuel savings)
– A Hybrid Propulsion system allows for the highest energy efficiency provided the right power sources are selected to serve the range of operational conditions from lying idle in port to the need for full power in heavy operations at sea.
– Battery gives smart electric energy and power on scale
– Hybrid Modes (Peak Shaving, Spinning Reserve, Strategic Loading)
Energy Recovery System (Aeron)
– The heart of this system is one or more water to water Heating Pumps, that use both the warm side for heating and the cold side for cooling when this is required.
– The system first utilize the free energy from the cold water in the sea, and when required, the heat pump will start and produce more cold water that will be used for Air Conditioning and cooling of accommodation and technical rooms & equipment.